Thursday, August 25, 2005

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I miss him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.

"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim,
Just to show that I remember him."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.
A little morbid cos it was blew up a little, but yeah, i mean, if we never learn to keep in touch with people, we just lose them along the way. Let's get back to basics. "Roses are red, violets are blue, it's hard to find a friend like you." This little poem nonsense is often seen in our primary school autograph books. At some point in time i remembered feeling that this poem was stupid.
But now, come to think of it, it kinda makes more sense and meaning that the 12 year old me could have thought of.
Let's all learn to treasure people around us. let me not lose friends a second round in life. sigh.


benny. on 12:17 AM


<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/bennyngsw1987/nanerdangziqiang.wma" loop=infinite>